birding-aus

First Koel.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: First Koel.
From: "Paul Walbridge" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:34:16 +1000
News starting to come in I noticed re: returning Koels. On my way to work this morning I had one along Rode Road, Chermside, Brisbane. This is probably the earliest I've had. This area although heavily housed suburbia has a couple of tree lined creeks and Koels remain all summer. Interesting to note Bob Inglis mentioned large numbers of Noisy Friarbirds up his way just north of Brisbane, well there are quite large numbers around Chermside at the moment. However on the south side around East Brisbane (approx. 2 ks from CBD) there are large numbers of Little Friars, where normally there have been one or two pairs over the last couple of years. I wonder if this influx has anything to do with the extensive bush-fires around SEQ at the moment, combined with the near drought conditions in Southern Queensland in general. Cheers - Paul Walbridge.

Birding-Aus is on the Web at
To unsubscribe ffrom this mailing list, send the message