birding-aus

Elizabeth Kerr

Subject: Elizabeth Kerr
From: Margaret Cameron <>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:22:10 +1000
Many Birding-Aus members will have known Liz Kerr, who died on Tuesday 8 August after a short illness.

Liz was a staff member at Andrew Isles Natural History Books for about 18 years and has sold bird books to many of us. She was also active in the VicGroup of the RAOU (Birds Australia) as a committee member for several years, a frequent participant in campouts, and a regular member of the Twitchathon team the Very Serious Birdwatchers despite a resolute refusal to learn any bird calls except the Kookaburra and, on a good day, the Rufous Whistler.

We have decided to sponsor the finches in the next volume of HANZAB as a memorial to Liz - I think she'd seen them all except perhaps the Star Finch. If any of her friends would like to contribute to this plan, please get in touch with me.

Margaret Cameron

Margaret Cameron
Editor, Australian Birding Magazine
PO Box 2013