birding-aus

Red Goshawks

To: "Robert Inglis" <>, "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Red Goshawks
From: "Bob & Sadhana Cook" <>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:56:02 +1000
I guess, Bob, that this is the interesting question.  Who is to be the
judge and jury on who should know and who shouldn't.  Whose birds are
these?  Who "owns" the knowledge of their location??  Whose "secret" is
it??

We were carefully "evaluated" by the person who told us.  Nicely and
subtly.  We provided information on our bona fides, background and
intentions and were then given this information, together with an
appreciation of the concerns that many people have re the potential
threats.

You will have noticed that we have preserved this information and have no
intention of handing it on, but only perhaps redirecting enquiries to our
source.

This bird is so unique and so special, it takes the wisdom of Solomon to
decide how to manage this information.

Are you of the opinion that only the blessed few should get to experience
these birds, or that, within sensible reason, as many bird lovers as
possible should be given the same opportunity as we were?
Do you have a solution to this issue??

Bob Cook