birding-aus

Helicopters and birds and a Quiz

To: Carol Probets <>
Subject: Helicopters and birds and a Quiz
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:27:46 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Carol and all,

Nice one Carol and thanks for that .... I remember a
few years ago now dangling from a rope over some rocks
doing training in North Wales U.K. my sgt. got most
upset with me for some strange reason? as I continued
to pause hanging there taking in the view, in
Snowdonia of a pair of nesting birds hmmmm? now
there's an idea.
I'll let all on this list try to guess what it was
that this trainee architect and his fellow squadies
were peering at.

No not mountain sheep Colin C. and Unca Tones :-]
a clue? ummmmm not too many at all of these flight
masters in the U.K. then, 30 + years ago.

I am thinking of keeping your brain cells warm even
more now, this winter? with an Olympic birding quiz?

Oh well why not? poor young blue Russell is still
probably still upset about last night!!!!
Friday 21st. July 2000

The little Quiz:
In which events would man be beaten by a bird at the
Sydney Olympics? please give me the current named
Olympic event the last gold medalist and the bird
which would win the event? I'll try and scrounge up a
few more local Mornington Peninsula prizes.

Higher, Faster, Stronger.

=====

It is written by the Greeks that once upon a time humans
could fly?
Now look how many humans do it?