birding-aus

From the anti-clockwise tourers Exciting news!

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: From the anti-clockwise tourers Exciting news!
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 22:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,
Hope you don't mind to much but as so many of you out
have asked after Sid and Sharon, then here's the
latest news from the first 2 beaut imports that
circumnavigate by land dear olde Oz in the wrong
direction?. Must be the fact that all those Americans
tend to stand on their heads eh Ozzies? I have a new
map here that positvely proves were on top the world
:-].

John A. Gamblin

Hi John and all,

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that
Wondollah is recovered. You should have kept him/her
around as I have not seen a weebil yet!

I would not doubt that at all? :-]

Two days ago I went on a rainforest daytrip with Ian
Clayton of Birds and Bush Tours. We went to the
Palumba National Park and it was a great day. I got 11
new species that day and one was Australian lifebird
number
250--a Victoria's Riflebird who perched on my hand and
ate cream! Pretty good, huh?

The really exciting thing is that Sid has talked me
into going on a trip up to the Iron Range in Cape York
with Ian as a birthday present.

Oh oh it's Sharon bird-day oh oh wonder how many email
birthday cards she will get at

hehehe Oh I'm shocking but the boss Russell is up
there rubbing it in about being taken as Oz prey or
did he say he saw an Osprey? :-]

It will be a 10 day trip starting in Ron Stannard's
Kingfisher Park and ending up with Chris Dahlenburg's
morning Daintree River Cruise. Sid will stay at
Kingfisher Park with the caravan while I am birding
with Ian Clayton and 5 other people. Ian will only
take 6 people on a tour and 5 had already booked with
him so there was only room for one. I don't think Sid
is too disappointed about not going on an extreme
birding tour. He is looking forward to relaxing and
not having drive unless he wants to for a couple
weeks. The tour starts on July 20th and Ian will drop
me back at Kingfisher Park on July 30th around
lunchtime. Meanwhile we are at Mission Beach for a
couple days, hoping to see a cassowary; then move on
to Cairns. This is spectacular birding country up
here.

Say "Hello" to Hilary and your 45 kids, and to Lee and
Eggy from us in fact to all on the list. This is the
best birding place on the planet, so many and what
colours.

Love to all,
Sid and Sharon.