birding-aus

Yarra Bend Trip Report

To: 'Tim Dolby' <>, "" <>
Subject: Yarra Bend Trip Report
From: "Mules, Michael" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:43:01 +1000

Hi Tim,
I've also seen Striated Thornbill and Musk Lorikeet (although infrequently) in the past at Yarra Bend and Wilsmere Parks in Kew.  The fact that the thornbills you saw were high in the canopy also points towards them being Striated.

The raven could well have been the Australian Raven, as both are found in Melbourne, although the Little Ravens are far more common, and I have seen them in Wilsmere Park before (distinguished by the call).   And the only Currawongs I have seen around the Kew area have been Pied.

Cheers,  Michael.

Michael Mules
Curator, Science Program
Museum Victoria