birding-aus

Oystercatcher Photos on the web

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Oystercatcher Photos on the web
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:02:33 -0700
Hello oystercatcher watchers and others,

I have just re-built my web-site and have added a page dedicated to oystercatchers.
The main feature of that page at the moment is a collection of photos I took recently of Pied Oystercatchers at Woody Point, SEQld.

The photos are intended as a follow-up to statements I made recently (on this forum) about the identification of South Island Pied Oystercatcher (SIPO) versus Pied Oystercatcher (OZPO).

There is also a number of photos of the first ever recorded 'Spotted Oystercatcher'.
(These photos are genuine and have not been computer generated or enhanced.)

The 'new' web-site is probably best viewed using a version 3 or later Explorer or Netscape browser.
It should be ok on a monitor set to a resolution of 640 x 480 but the images probably look better on monitors set to 800 x 600 or better.
That's my current excuse if it doesn't work properly ;-).
The oystercatcher photos are at: http://www.powerup.com.au/~inglisrc/page016.htm
My web address (if you are inclined to check out other things such as Regent Honeyeater info and photos) is: http://www.powerup.com.au/~inglisrc
The oystercatcher page is also accessible from the first page of my web-site by clicking on one of the two 'Oystercatcher' links.

If anyone has any comments or corrections they wish to pass on contact me via the E-mail link on the page.

Have fun

Bob Inglis
Woody Point, SEQld
e-mail: