birding-aus

Mistletoe and the bird

To: "Gillian Wilson" <>, "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Mistletoe and the bird
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:11:03 +1000
Gillian,
You wrote May 3, 2000
. >I am a student at the University of Dundee, and I am preparing a
>poster about the mutalistic relationship between the Mistletoe bird,
>and the seed dispersal of Mistletoe. I was wondering if you had any
>information on this subject?
>
>Yours hopefully,
>Gillian Wilson
Gillian,
This info would be too late for your project but I have just come across this ref..

EMU, The Journal of the Royal Australian Ornithologists Union (now Birds Australia)
Vol 87, Pt 2, June 1987, pp130/1
Nick Reid "The Mistletoebird and Australian Mistletoes: Co-evolution or coincidence ?"

The paper in turn provides other refs including
Nick Reid "Pollination and seed dispersal of mistletoes by birds in southern Aust" in
The Dynamic partnership: Birds and Plants in Southern Aust pp 64-84
Government Printer Adelaide South Australia

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.