birding-aus

About this Mailing List

From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:14:11 +0800
Hi everyone

Thanks for the continued tolerance and sense of community on this forum.
The current spate of email nasties has resulted in a few slight changes which may affect some of you.
Attachments have ALWAYS been frowned upon here - now I'm taking steps to block them all. Some members have end-of-message signatures which appear as attachments - such messages may be blocked from now on. I will keep adding filters to trap attachments if any make it through to the list.

It should be possible to configure your mail program to send messages without a signature - or to use a different format for Birding-Aus messages. Perhaps I could add a page to our website to show people how to configure some of the more popular mail clients?

Apologies to anyone who had difficulties because of 'viral' attachments - I believe some older messages may be infected. If ANY old birding-aus message has ANY sort of attachment, please delete it as soon as possible. I will try to get the archive cleaned up asap. By the way, there should be a new message footer which includes the address for the Birding-Aus website. You can reach the archive via a link on the top page.

Please remember that messages sent to the birding-aus mailing list SHOULD NOT:

1. be of a purely commercial nature
2. contain offensive or inappropriate language
3. contain attachments of any sort
4. exceed 20Kb in size
5. include all of the original message if replying (use only what's needed for clarity)
6. stray too far from our main topics: Australian birds, their habitat & conservation

Mail for the whole list should be sent to

List commands (subscribe/unsubscribe/who, etc) should be sent to

Now that I've waved the Big Stick, I hope you all have a great weekend and see lots of interesting birds.

Thanks

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Manager