birding-aus

Re: Appeal for help from Japan!

To: Tom Tarrant <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: Appeal for help from Japan!
From: Hiroshi Takada <>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:05:13 +0000
Thank you for your quick reply. Masmedias in Atsugi will be easy to write if
many people send messages from overseas. Thanks for your assistance.

Save Little Turn
 http://www.hiroshi-takada.com/savelt.shtml

on 00.5.18 8:00, Tom Tarrant at  wrote:

 G'day All,
 Just received this message from Japan, hope we can do something
 positive!
 Tom Tarrant
 Samsonvale, Qld

> Hiroshi Takada
> Thu May 18/00 17:22:31
>
> Situation critical: Appeal to Japan to save Little Tern Known as
> migratory birds travelling between
> Australia and Japan, Little Terns(Sterna albifrons) are facing
> extinction. Every spring, 300 to 500
> birds migrate to one of Japan's largest surviving colonies located in
> Atsugi, Kanagawa.
> colony is now seriously threatened by roadworks planned for the area.
> For details:
> http://www.hiroshi-takada.com/savelt.shtml We may protect the Little
> Tern colony, please write your
> views and mail them to the following addresses mentioned in the above
> page. It is the only form of
> bargaining power we have left. Your letter may help save the Little
> Terns.
> Thank you.

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"