birding-aus

RFI Esperance birding

Subject: RFI Esperance birding
From: (Craig Eddie )
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 16:54:27 +1000
G'day Birders,

During the middle of next week, I am heading over to Western Australia &
will have approximately  one week to spend in the Esperance area.  I am
hoping to catch up with a few birds I missed on my previous trip to the
southwest corner of WA, & would very much appreciate it if anybody could
provide me with information (in addition to sites contained in Bransbury
& Marr's books, & Frank O'Connor's website) re: localities about
Esperance where it might be possible to see any of the following birds
(providing it is the right time of year):

- Cape Barren Goose, Black-faced Cormorant, Hooded Plover, Regent
Parrot, Shy Heathwren/Hylacola, Rufous Fieldwren/Calamanthus,
Purple-gaped Honeayeater, Tawny-crowned Honeyeater, Southern Scrub Robin
& Red-eared Firetail.

I will be travelling with a group of 7 other people (all non-birders) in
a 2WD mini-bus.  Time will be limited at any one spot & it would be
desirable if birding spots were reasonably "touristy" so that  the rest
of the group are kept happy.

Replies by COB Tuesday 16 May would be appreciated.  Thankyou in
advance.

Craig Eddie
Natural Resource Ranger
Roma District Office
Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service
Tel: (07) 4622 4266  Fax: (07) 4622 4151

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"