birding-aus

Spangled Drongo behaviour

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Spangled Drongo behaviour
From: "J & M Cooper" <>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 05:30:39 +1000
Hi everyone,

This may seem a silly question but I have just observed a pair of Spangled Drongos facing each other with a funny crest upright on each side of the top of their heads.  Is this aggressive behaviour they are demonstrating?

They were also making metallic twanging sounds at each other, and followed each other from branch to branch.  The crest stayed up all the time I observed them from 20ft.  I have never observed this behaviour before and I have Spangled Drongos here year round.

Maureen Cooper