birding-aus

Franklin/Laughing Gull

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Franklin/Laughing Gull
From: "Rotamah Island Bird Observatory" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:23:53 +1000
This morning off Rotamah Island we sighted a brown-headed gull with a white
eye-ring, presumably a Franklin's or Laughing Gull.  The bird was sighted
from close quarters following the boat but was only seen briefly and without
binoculars so positive identification was not possible.  After that it
disappeared into a mass of Silver Gulls and was not seen again.

We will attempt to get a positive ID over the next couple of days when we
check out a few of the gull roosting areas.

Craig Doolan & Liz Cook
Rotamah Island Bird Observatory

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"