birding-aus

Birds Australia - second major land purchase planned

To: <>
Subject: Birds Australia - second major land purchase planned
From: "Robert Berry" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:06:41 +1100
Hi all,

Hugo's posting on the purchase of Newhaven Station seems to have slipped
past with little comment. Let me add my congratulations to those from Lorne.

It does, however, reveal (again) the poor old RAOU's discomfort with us
troublesome and uncouth twitchers. To quote Hugo "At this stage we are
keeping the rare birds a secret". It reminds me of the advert after the
Gluepot purchase for a volunteer warden that included the famous line -
twitchers need not apply. When it came to finding the money, however, what
did they do? Run a twitchathon!

The RSPB have set a fantastic example and its great to see us Aussies
getting some fine reserves of our own. Science and conservation are
wonderful things but need money to run on. The old fogy element at the RAOU
need to get their brains out of mothballs and learn how to live with us
proletarians - twitchers have enthusiasm and money.

Bob Berry

I twitch. I vote.

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"