birding-aus

re.Silvereyes

To: <>
Subject: re.Silvereyes
From: "Betty Mitchell" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:38:52 +1100
I apologise for not making myself clear. At this time of year when the
grapes are in fruit the vines are clothed in netting which is supposed to
be an  anti- bird measure but many birds including Silvereyes penetrate
this netting and often there is no escape for them.
I know at first hand that vignerons kill Silvereyes and any other species
that interferes with their crop.
The amount of pesticides that are used in the production of grapes could
also possibly impact on birds but I am not qualified to comment on that.
                                            Bett Mitchell.

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"