birding-aus

VicGroup of Birds Australia

Subject: VicGroup of Birds Australia
From: Margaret Cameron <>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:22:44 +1100
This message is for Victorian members of Birds Australia (I don't think it
constitutes advertising)

1 The AGM and election of the Committee will take place on 9 March

Nominations are called for Committee members - as well as the Convenor there
are many other things to do eg arranging the program of speakers and helping
Stuart Dashper who is prepared to continue as Chairman of our busy
Conservation
Cttee. The Vicgroup has monthly meetings, many field activities including its
longterm Rushworth project, needs a proper and timely website, publishes the
VicBabbler, plans to reinvigorate the Twitchathon this year, and like all
organizations needs regular infusions of new blood and enthusiasm.

If you would like to help please stand for Committee; if you don't know anyone
likely to nominate you we can soon fix that.
If you know someone who would be a great Committee member please don't
hesitate
to persuade them to stand.

Committee members need to be able to come to Committee meetings, at present at
the National Office, every second month before the regular Vicgroup meeting
(ie
on a second Thursday of the month).

The Conservation Cttee meets on the same cycle, but in the month when the
Vicgroup Cttee does not meet. As well as making representations to government
etc on conservation issues, it organizes our conservation expenditure (for
example last year we made donations for treeplanting for Regent Honeyeaters
and
Grey-crowned Babblers, and gave grants to research students working on
woodland
birds). Obviously this Committee is important and interesting.

Please contact David Plant before 25 February. His email is
 and his home phone is 03 9857 6006

2 The VicGroup Easter campout this year is at Gluepot. I am the contact
(either
by email or phone 03 5229 9792) but I will be away from 28 feb to 4 april.
during this period the contact is David Plant  or
03 9857 6006. He has been there and I haven't so will be a better source of
information anyhow.

I am taking a 9 year old girl to this campout so I hope other people will also
bring children!

Thank you Birding-aus for enabling me to post this message

Margaret Cameron
4 Connor Street
East Geelong 3219

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"