birding-aus

Fiordland Penguin and Franklins Gull

To: "Ken Tucker" <>
Subject: Fiordland Penguin and Franklins Gull
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:19:10 +1000
Yes Ken, I'll en(light)en your penguin candle.
National Parks rangers are the most likely to move it to where it will be
"safe". This will mean that birders will miss out seeing it, at least, in
the wild.
Tony. mxpp.
ps: Any relationship to Colonel Sanders?
Ken, please excuse my pathetic joke which I'm sure you've heard a million
times.
For the benefit of Ozbirders devoid of any sense of humour, I'll make it
easier for you, the joke is in the ps.

At 11:57  24/01/00 -0000, you wrote:
>Sorry - coming from the N. Hemisphere I am unused to moulting penguins. Who
>would move it and why? To keep as a pet? To make into candles? I don't fully
>understand. Can anybody enlighten me?
>
>Thanks
>Ken
>
>> The Fiordland Penguin was still at the site near Port Fairy last night
>> (24/1) at 1900 hours. As Tony Palliser said, site details will not be
>> released over the net, for fear of the bird being moved.
>

>To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
>Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"
>in the message body (without the quotes)

  Tony Russell,
  Adelaide, South Australia
  phone : 08 8337 5959  , o/s 61 8 8337 5959
  e-mail:
  There's nothing quite like the feeling of seeing a new bird is there?

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"