birding-aus

Birdwatching Tourism

Subject: Birdwatching Tourism
From: (Chris Dahlberg)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:43:02 +1000 (EST)
Hi Everyone
             Yes we saw the Lesser Sotty Owl at Kingfisher Park on Saturday
night and caught up with some old friends. Conversations included
birdwatching tourism and one fellow in particular should respond to this
topic. I am talking about Lloyd Nielsen. Lloyd has been around birdwatching
for longer than he would care to remember but he has also been involved in
tourism for a lengthy period and not only in the Wet Tropics of North
Queensland but other parts of Australia.
     Whilst at Kingfisher Park the new owner of Red Mill House, Geoff Fowkes
and I made a quick trip up Mount Lewis, next door to K'park and saw,
Blue-faced Parrot-Finch in bright sunlight, Atherton Scrubwren, Grey-headed
Robin, Mountain Thornbill, Bower's Shrike-thrush with the dawn chorus being
drowned out by Chowchillas and some very active Spotted Catbirds.

Over to you Lloyd

Cheers
Chris

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"