birding-aus

birding-aus Swarovski binoculars

Subject: birding-aus Swarovski binoculars
From: "Chris Tzaros"<>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:11:10 +1000
Quite simply, they are a fantastic piece of equipment in every regard.
Laurie Conole reported that his new pair of 10 x 42's opened-up a new world
of birding for him, and that familiar species appeared so much different.

I purchased a pair of 8  x32's in 1997.  At the time, I was looking at
foraging behaviour of Swift Parrots, and needed a optical quality far more
superior to the compact Pentax bino's I had been using for a number of
years.  With my Swarovski's, I could identify that Swift Parrots were
gleaning lerp from eucalypt foliage.  I could even conduct lerp 'counts' on
the foliage of trees.

I can rave on and on about the excellence of Swarovski products.  And in
terms of price, they are far better value than the over-priced (for what
they are) Leica's and Zeiss (both about $1000 model for model dearer).  The
Leica's in particular are very heavy as well, and feel like you are
carrying a brick around your neck.  At the end of a days birding, you
realise these things.

For those considering an upgrade for Christmas, I would definately
recommend the Swarovski's.

Chris Tzaros

quotes)