birding-aus

Re: birding-aus -dying gum trees

To: Kevin Roberts <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus -dying gum trees
From: Karina J Mercer <>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:14:12 +1030
Hi Kevin,

As a semi-regular to Sandy Creek CP, I've noticed the same thing. I've also noticed that on driving through the Adelaide Hills/out to Sanderston (between Mannum and Cambrai for those who are lost) that a lot of the eucalypts out that way seem very brown, even during the cooler months. I have seen mundulla yellows in the SE with Dave Paton, and don't think this is the same. The leaves of the trees are simply brown, not their usual colour at all; they appear dead where they're standing. Has anyone else noticed this at all? I thought it may be due to pysillid attack, as there are a fair number of lerp cases but not an extreme amount.

Cheers,
Karina

Kevin Roberts wrote:

 HI ALL             I VISITED SANDY CREEK CONSREVATION PARK  S.A.  THIS MORNING  AND NOTICED  NEARLY ALL  THE GUM TREES   ARE DYING.  . DOES  ANY BODY IN  S.A.  KNOW  WHY OR  IS  AWARE  WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.                                  THANKYOU    KEVIN.