birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Owl roosting postures

Subject: Re: birding-aus Owl roosting postures
From: "Niven McCrie" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:19:53 +0000
Just to add a little more info to the Rufous Owl biz, the droopy
bird was still predominantly white on the underparts  but obviously
old enough to fly quite strongly since it has moved around quite a
bit within the gardens area. It has been out of the nest for I think
two months, possibly three.
At the moment I'm keeping tabs on a pair of breeding Barking Owls and
will be interested to see if the young do anything similar. A row of
three or four young birds all doing the same thing would look like a
washing line.

Enjoy your birding, I'm off down the sewer
Niven

quotes)