birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Australian Photo Indexes

To: Keith Betton <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Australian Photo Indexes
From: Lynda Chambers <>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:11:26 +1000 (EST)
Kingfishers and Nightbirds of Australia has been on sale
at the Cowes Newsagency, Phillip Island, for a number of months now (only
one copy) for $25.

Lynda Chambers
Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre
Street Address: 150 Lonsdale Street MELBOURNE   Vic  3001
Postal Address: GPO 1289k MELBOURNE  Vic 3001
E-Mail:
Phone : +613 9669 4784   Fax : +613 9669 4660
WWW Page: http://www.bom.gov.au/bmrc/mrlr/lec/lec.htm

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Keith Betton wrote:

> G'day All
>
> In the past I have made enquiries on availability of the books in this
> series, and I know that quite a few Birding-Aus subscribers are
> also looking for copies.  A week ago we had the annual Bird Fair
> here which attracts about 10,000 birdos from all over the UK.  I
> noted several book dealers who are still offering copies of the
> indexes that they bought when the whole lot were put on the
> market at cheap prices a few years back.
>
> Those that I know to be available last week were:
> Shorebirds, Finches & Bowerbirds, Robins & Flycatchers,
> Kingfishers & Nightbirds - each for about AUS$ 65 + post.  Not
> bad?
>
> I also know a dealer who had Waterbirds and Wrens & Warblers
> last week.  I am happy to check whether they are still available.
>
> Sadly none of the very rare ones (Honeyeaters/Parrots & Pigeons)
> were on show.
>
> Please be assured this is not an advert.  I am just trying to help
> fellow collectors!
>
> Regards to all
> Keith Betton
> (London UK)
> To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
> Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the
> quotes)

quotes)