birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Crested Pigeons and Spotted Turtle-doves

To: "John Leonard" <>, "Peter Woodall" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Crested Pigeons and Spotted Turtle-doves
From: "Muir Environmental" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:05:50 +0800
Actually, I'm a bit envious of all those folks out there with Crested
Pigeons visiting their gardens.

We have a resident breeding pair of Spotted Turtle-doves in our 1/2 acre
garden, but they're exotic so they don't count (well, sort of).  Imagine my
excitement when one Common Bronzewing visited and fed in our garden for a
couple of hours a few months ago.  Our garden is opposite vacant Crown Land
that abutts Greenmout National Park in the Darling Ranges about 35 kms east
of Perth, but that occasion is the only time I've ever seen Bronzewing in
our immediate area.  They are, however, a few short kms east of us.

Regards

Jenn Muir

----------
> From: Peter Woodall <>
> To: John Leonard <>
> Subject: Re: birding-aus Crested Pigeons and Spotted Turtle-doves
> Date: Tuesday, 17 August 1999 8:50
>
> At 09:13 17/08/1999 +1000, you wrote:
> >As for the theory that Crested Pigeons might drive out Spotted
> >Turtle-doves, I seem to remember that both were common in Brisbane: the
CPs

http://www.uq.edu.au/~anpwooda
> "hamba phezulu" (= "go higher" in isiZulu)
>

> To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
> Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the
> quotes)

quotes)