birding-aus

birding-aus WEEKEND AT GLEN DAVIS

Subject: birding-aus WEEKEND AT GLEN DAVIS
From: Allan Richards <>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:42:43 +1000
While other Sydney birdwatchers were seeing mega-birds on the Wollongong
pelagics, 5 of us stayed at "Rockview" in the Capertee valley at Glen Davis
for the weekend.
We saw 80 species the highlights being:-

On "Rockview":
Lots of evidence of Painted Button-quail, much more than usual. We flushed
several
5 Swift Parrots flew past the house
c.20 Turquoise parrots
1 Beautiful Firetail
We dipped on the Glossy Blacks which we usually find on Rockview

In the valley:
1 Black Falcon between Glen Davis and Glen Alice.
A pair of Barking Owls at the usual spot behind the church at Glen Alice.
c.5 White-backed Swallows near the junction of Crown Station Road

We also dipped on Regent Honeyeaters and Plum-headed Finches

Regards,

Allan Richards
34/13 Stewart Street
SYDNEY  N.S.W.  2037