birding-aus

birding-aus Thanks to Tony Palliser for a Great Pelagic Trip

To: "Tony Palliser" <>, <>
Subject: birding-aus Thanks to Tony Palliser for a Great Pelagic Trip
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 20:04:19 +1000
I like to thank Tony Palliser for organising the special pelagic trip off Wollongong last Saturday. It was one of my best day's out and the best pelagic trip I have ever attended to. No doubt everyone on board will never forget the obliging Blue Petrels (including one banded) and great views of Sooty, Grey-headed and Bullers Albatross, 4 species of Prion, 3 species of Storm Petrel etc etc (see Tony's full report for more details). I am still trying to get over this magical event. Also what was very good to see, was quite a number of Wandering Albatross (especially young birds) which I sincerely hope that such a remarkable species will be on the increase.

Edwin Vella