birding-aus

birding-aus Plants and birds - Silvereyes and roses

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Plants and birds - Silvereyes and roses
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 19:56:47 +0930
On the day before Anzac Day I was enjoying a cuppa at my daughter's place in Meningie (SE of Adelaide and 15 minutes from the Coorong)

Just outside her dining room window she has a beautiful rose bush. While we enjoyed our cuppa a flock of 8 Silvereyes came to enjoy the pickings on the rose bush. It is wonderful to see our native birds so close - less than 2 metres away.

Later in the day I observed an impressive flock of 32 pelicans flying low overhead. They were heading for Lake Albert at the other end of the street.

Happy birding.

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge
South Australia