birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Mexico & Brown Goshawks.

To: "Rob & Camilla Leask" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Re: Mexico & Brown Goshawks.
From: "Philip A Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:33:22 +1000
Yet another waste of time message.
Do you mean the song "Hey Joe" by Deep Purple in about 1968, it was also
done by Jimmy Hendrix.
"Aint no hangman going to put a noose around me. Maybe I'll head way down
south, maybe I'll try Mexico way, where I'm going to be free, etc." Great
song too.

The whole basis for calling south of the Qld / NSW border "Mexico" really is
absurd. Why should Australians, or is it just Queenslanders, see their
geography as an extension of North America?

Actually, I was intrigued at the idea that Brown Goshawks should be thought
of as migrants at all in such a warm climate. There are more around in the
warmer months in Canberra than the colder months but not really enough to
suggest migration. Canberra is a lot more extreme than Townsville.