birding-aus

Dollar Bird

Subject: Dollar Bird
From: Bruce WILLIAMS <>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:19:37 +1100
As a member of WIRES I am called out to rescue many different birds and
animals.Late last year I wes called out to rescue what was described as
some sort of parrot but when I arrived at the address I found the bird
which looked like someone had put pieces of different birds together.After
consulting my reference books I found out it was a Dollar
Bird.Unfortunately it had suffered head trauma and didn't survive.It was
found at North Ryde in Sydney.Could anyone give me more info on this bird
ie.is it common in this area,where does it come from or any  info that will
help me in case I find another of these birds.
Your help will be gratefully appreciated.
Thank You
Bruce Williams