birding-aus

info on Kangaroo Island

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: info on Kangaroo Island
From: "LEW DAILEY" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:06:07 -0600
Lew and I will be spending several days on Kangaroo Island during our trip
to Australia the end of March and as I've been preparing I have some
questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. Do any rental car companies allow you to take their car across to the
island on the ferry?
2. I know there's camping facilities at Flinders Chase Nat'l Park. We'll be
camping in a tent; are there campgrounds on the eastern end of the island,
preferably with showers?
3. Any suggestions on how many days to allow ourselves to comfortably cover
the eastern island and the route to Flinders and back?
4. Any suggestions of favorite birding spots for that time of the year?

Thank you so much.
Connie Norheim
Fargo, North Dakota, USA