birding-aus

RFI:Brisbane Area

To: "ozbird" <>
Subject: RFI:Brisbane Area
From: "Susan Myers" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:42:42 +1000
G'day everyone,
Stuart and I are heading up Brisbane way at the beginning of October for 5
days. We'll mainly be concentrating on Lamington but were wondering if
anyone could supply us with any other info that may be of interest. For
example, are there any good spots for Beach Stone-curlew? We'll have a car
so transport is no problem.

Incidentally, we have also recently returned from a trip to Thailand. Saw
235 species of bird and 19 species of mammal, enjoyed great food,weather
and scenery. Highlights were numerous but particularly memorable were
White-handed Gibbons and Great Hornbills feeding in the same trees,
Blue-winged Pitta in a stream running through a Wat (temple), Yellow-vented
Green-pigeon & Dusky Broadbills at Kaeng Krachan, Blue-bearded Bee-eater (a
bird I've been wanting to see for quite a while), a (probable) Red-toothed
Shrew in the hand,a field full of 400+ Asian Openbills,Black-tailed Crake
at Doi Inthanon....etc,etc
If anyone is interested in my report which I've almost finished, drop me a
line & I'll send it as an attachment.
cheers,
Susan

Susan Myers