birding-aus

Re:Why Jabiluka petition?

To: Jill Molan0 <>
Subject: Re:Why Jabiluka petition?
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:09:43 +1000 (EST)
Dear Jill and Ausbirding

I have followed the dabate about Jabiluka mine etc. THe greens are obsessed
with this issue, while massive landclearing and overfishing occur almost
unnoticed. I know this is not a political correct statement, but I do not
care. Questions to ask:

Why is it more important to stop this mine, which will affect a small area
under controlled monitoring, more important that other issues such as global
warming, forest fires in Indonesia, Three Gorges Dam and Yangze flooding
caused by deforestation?

Cane toads are on the way to Kakadu, a huge threat to the wildlife in the
park. Maybee revenue from Jabiluca can be used to combat this problem?
Aboriginals get a lot of money from Energy Res. Not all views on this matter
has been heared or debated.

Why can Nuclear energy not be used to solve the Greenhouse Issue which
threaten our biodiversity? Thechnology is likely fix the problems with the
waste?

Before those issues are given higher priority I will not join the so called
political motivated green groups. I belong to Birdlife Int. and other bird
organisations who stay out of sexy political stuff.

Regards from a concerned environmentalist.

Niels Poul Dreyer
Niels Poul Dreyer
10/35-37 Denman Camp Road
Scarness, Qld 4655