birding-aus

Re: RFI : WESTERN NSW / VIC

To: "Vella, Edwin" <>
Subject: Re: RFI : WESTERN NSW / VIC
From: Kirrama Wildlife Tours <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:55:16 +1000
Hi Edwin,
I can't help you with your request, but I really think you should get
yourself the book from Thomas & Thomas "The complete guide to finding the
Birds of Australia". I mean, whoever is going to answer your request of 50
birds has to write almost a book.
Best of luck, Klaus

At 08:07 13/07/98 +1000, you wrote:
>RFI : WESTERN NSW / VIC
>
>To all
>
>I  and a friend are planning a trip to Western NSW and VIC for November
>1998. We may be also venturing into eastern SA and south-western QLD.
>Although, I have seen some of the western species before, I have not yet
>ventured far enough to see many species (including the Emu) . We plan to go
>to such places as Round Hill, Mungo NP, Macquarie Marshes, Mootwingee etc. I
>would be very grateful if anyone could share some information for the best
>places to visit and to see the following species as below:
>

>1      Emu
>2      Blue-billed Duck
>3      Black-breasted Kite
>4      Letter-winged Kite
>5      Grey Falcon
>6      Malleefowl
>7      Inland Dotterel
>8      Banded Stilt
>9      Flock Pigeon
>10     Pink Cockatoo
>11     Regent Parrot
>12     Mulga Parrot
>13     Elegant Parrot
>14     Blue-winged Parrot
>15     Scarlet-chested Parrot
>16     Bourke's Parrot
>17     Black-eared Cuckoo
>18     Fork-tailed Swift
>19     Gilbert's Whistler
>20     Red-lored Whistler
>21     Crested Bellbird
>22     Chirruping Wedgebill
>23     Chestnut-breasted Quail-thrush
>24     Cinnamon Quail-thrush
>25     Chestnut Quail-thrush
>26     Chestnut-crowned Babbler
>27     Hall's Babbler
>28     Mallee Emu-wren
>29     Splendid Wren
>30     White-winged Wren
>31     Thick-billed Grasswren
>32     Grey Grasswren
>33     Striated Grasswren
>34     Redthroat
>35     Shy Heathwren
>36     Rufous Fieldwren
>37     Banded Whiteface
>38     White-browed Treecreeper
>39     Purple-gaped Honeyeater
>40     Grey-fronted Honeyeater
>41     Yellow-plumed Honeyeater
>42     White-fronted Honeyeater
>43     Pied Honeyeater
>44     Gibber Chat
>45     Orange Chat
>46     Crimson Chat
>47     Red-browed Pardalote
>48     Little Woodswallow
>49     Spotted Bowerbird
>50     Little Crow
>

>This list includes all the species that I have not seen and that have been
>recorded in western NSW and VIC. This also includes species that I will have
>little chance to see such as Flock Pigeons, Scarlet -chested Parrots etc.
>
>Thankyou
>
>Edwin

Kirrama Wildlife Tours   Klaus & Brenda Uhlenhut
PO Box 133   SILKWOOD  QLD   Australia
http://www.gspeak.com.au/kirrama