birding-aus

RFI : WESTERN NSW / VIC

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI : WESTERN NSW / VIC
From: "Vella, Edwin" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:07:39 +1000
RFI : WESTERN NSW / VIC

To all

I  and a friend are planning a trip to Western NSW and VIC for November
1998. We may be also venturing into eastern SA and south-western QLD.
Although, I have seen some of the western species before, I have not yet
ventured far enough to see many species (including the Emu) . We plan to go
to such places as Round Hill, Mungo NP, Macquarie Marshes, Mootwingee etc. I
would be very grateful if anyone could share some information for the best
places to visit and to see the following species as below:

1       Emu
2       Blue-billed Duck
3       Black-breasted Kite
4       Letter-winged Kite
5       Grey Falcon
6       Malleefowl
7       Inland Dotterel
8       Banded Stilt
9       Flock Pigeon
10      Pink Cockatoo
11      Regent Parrot
12      Mulga Parrot
13      Elegant Parrot
14      Blue-winged Parrot
15      Scarlet-chested Parrot
16      Bourke's Parrot
17      Black-eared Cuckoo
18      Fork-tailed Swift
19      Gilbert's Whistler
20      Red-lored Whistler
21      Crested Bellbird
22      Chirruping Wedgebill
23      Chestnut-breasted Quail-thrush
24      Cinnamon Quail-thrush
25      Chestnut Quail-thrush
26      Chestnut-crowned Babbler
27      Hall's Babbler
28      Mallee Emu-wren
29      Splendid Wren
30      White-winged Wren
31      Thick-billed Grasswren
32      Grey Grasswren
33      Striated Grasswren
34      Redthroat
35      Shy Heathwren
36      Rufous Fieldwren
37      Banded Whiteface
38      White-browed Treecreeper
39      Purple-gaped Honeyeater
40      Grey-fronted Honeyeater
41      Yellow-plumed Honeyeater
42      White-fronted Honeyeater
43      Pied Honeyeater
44      Gibber Chat
45      Orange Chat
46      Crimson Chat
47      Red-browed Pardalote
48      Little Woodswallow
49      Spotted Bowerbird
50      Little Crow

This list includes all the species that I have not seen and that have been
recorded in western NSW and VIC. This also includes species that I will have
little chance to see such as Flock Pigeons, Scarlet -chested Parrots etc.

Thankyou

Edwin