birding-aus

RE: Breeding underway?

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: RE: Breeding underway?
From: "Osborn, Paul PR" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:56:29 +1000
On the weekend I saw our resident Yellow-rumped Thornbills flying back
and forth between their normal nest site and a small supply of chicken
feathers with feathers in their bills. I was too busy to check but
suspect they are nest building.

This is a little earlier than usual, earliest record in previous years
was in July, but they often start nest building activity only to put it
on hold for a while if a cold snap comes along. I rather expect that
will happen again this year as our Magpies have not even started
ushering last years brood off the premises yet.

All this near Cooranbong NSW, 33 05S 151 25E.

Paul Osborn