birding-aus

Re: Paradise Parrots

To: "List Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Paradise Parrots
From: "Glen Ingram" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:18:32 +1000
Dear Tony,

I heard the Talkback on the 4QR. You cannot tell. You just have to check it
out. The best process I found was to take them to the collection and don't
tell which one is which and ask which bird they saw. In 25 years no one has
past the test. Usually there is at least one such record a year. Most people
honestly admit a mistake. The most aggressive sighter I have ran into was a
vet who saw one in Mayne in the centre of Brisbane 5 years ago. It was
obviously a Pale-headed Rosella: but she is still complaining officially
about me!!  However, I am  not with the museum any more. After 25 years as
senior curator of birds and amphibia I have fled the coup.

New address:
Dr Glen Ingram, Hyder Environmental, Level 1, 27 Peel St, South Brisbane
4101. ph 3255 0177 fx 32550188

Overall, let's hope the record is true. But, alas, like fish stories, these
records always get away.

Glen Ingram