birding-aus

More new birds for Australia

Subject: More new birds for Australia
From: "Tony PALLISER" <>
Date: 09 Jun 98 13:46:01 +1000
Word came in today of some interesting sightings resulting from a trip
to ASHMORE REEF in December 1997 (John Darnell et.al as I understand it)

Some of which will be new for Australia if accepted by BARC (Birds
Australia Rarities Committee).

Matsudaira's Storm Petrel 2
Bulwer's Petrel 2-3
Arctic Warbler 2 on Ashmore Reef
Black-crowned Night Heron 1 on Ashmore Reef
Abbott's Booby 1 (between Scott and Ashmore Reef)
Oriental Hobby 1 (between Scott and Ashmore Reef)
all dark - Swiftlet Sp 1 (between Scott and Ashmore Reef)

I am tempted to organise another trip there in OCT or NOV 1999
anyone interested in sharing the costs?

Regards
Tony Palliser
Ph wk..... 02-99001678 fx..... 02-99001669
Ph hm..... 02-94277563
email: wk: