birding-aus

Re: RFI: new Towarri NP, NSW

To: Ian Fraser <>
Subject: Re: RFI: new Towarri NP, NSW
From: moris <>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 18:31:13 +1000
Ian Fraser wrote:

> Just read a report in the Canberra Times of a newly-declared Towarri NP, in
> the Upper Hunter, apparently near Scone. Anyone have any more info,
> especially re access?
>
> Better reply direct, for the sake of inter-staters; I'll pass on any info to
> anyone who's interested.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ian
> ---
> Ian Fraser, Canberra
> Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Writing Consultancy
> ph: 02 62491560 fax: 02 62473227
Hi Ian
Last year I was involved in a NPWS activity and camped at Towarri NP in
the Upper Hunter area at a location about 20 km NW of Scone. I made a
bird list which included 8 Glossy Black Cockatoos watering in
Middlebrook Creek. The date was 4-5 June 1997. However I do not have
the  information about the place at home here, so I will obtain same
from work and post it to you!.

Alan Morris
NPWS District Manager
Central Coast District