birding-aus

Australian bird calls

To: "" <>
Subject: Australian bird calls
From: "Bill Rankin" <>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:17:06 +1000
On the subject of Australian bird calls perhaps I can give a plug to the Australian Wildlife Sound Recording Group.
The AWSRG is relatively new (formed officially" last October ).We are a body of 40 or so individuals spread over all states, 95% of whom are birdos.
As the name suggests we are dedicated to the recording and study of all wildlife sound and as such we will produce a CD twice a year(for members only) containing examples of members recordings that illustrate a particular subject.
For example the first CD delt with pre-dawn calls of honeyeaters, the variation of the calls of the Striated Pardalote with examples from many different areas in Australia and bird calls recorded from Little Desert in Victoria.
Our members are naturally interested in producing "quality" recordings  and most have professional equipment to get the best possible sound quality that they can but it is also the subject of the recording that is important and interesting to the group as a whole.
If your interested in recording birds or the study of bird vocalisations and would like to join the group it will cost you $20.00 per year (not bad for 2 CDs and 2 'AudioWings' newsletters)
or if you would just like  more info contact me at the address below.

Bill Rankin
Editor: "AudioWings"
Newsletter of the Australian Wildlife Sound Recording Group