Keeping wildlife in Victoria (Australia)

Subject: Keeping wildlife in Victoria (Australia)
From: "Martin O'Brien"<>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 08:34:05 +1000
                       For information of the list.

Victoria (Australia) has strict regulations on the keeping of wildlife.

The Department which oversees these regulations is Natural Resources and
Environment - Game and  Wildlife Licensing Unit , at 250 Victoria Pde.,
East Melbourne.

As Susan Myers has mentioned, you require a licence to keep any native
fauna (whether it's dead or alive) or any PORTION of native fauna.

In regard to taxidermy, a licence is also required.  Taxidermists usually
obtain their skills after doing a course in the subject and practicing.

Further information is available at the Departments webpage:

Martin O'Brien
Executive Scientific Officer
Scientific Advisory Committee
Threatened Species Program
Department of Natural Resources and Environment
4/250 Victoria Pde.,
East Melbourne,  3002

tel: +61 3 9412 4567
fax: +61 3 9412 4586

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU