birding-aus

GPS

Subject: GPS
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:41:19 +1000
David
I was using two different GPS units, I can't recall what they were. Both
were as reliable as the other in that terrain.

Laurie
I acknowledge that some GPS models will be more user friendly than others,
and more accurate under trying conditions, but I think that the average
atlasser buying a cheap unit should be aware of possible limitations.  We
would not have been without a GPS during our field work despite the
limitations encountered.  An extremely useful tool if the limitations of
the unit you are using are taken into account.

David