birding-aus

White-headed Pigeons

Subject: White-headed Pigeons
From: (Dr Richard Nowotny)
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 19:02:17 +1000
Lorne's posting about a WHP in Sydney reminded me that I had not posted a
report of 2 White-headed Pigeons seen over a period of several weeks
recently at a private house in Warburton (80 kms east of Melbourne).  I have
no doubt from the firm identification made from my field-guide that these
were WHP's, even though I didn't see them myself and the observers were not
birdwatchers.
Interestingly, there were 3 WHP's at another residence in Warburton last
year (which I, and a number of others, did see) - ?? the same birds on both
occasions.
Richard

From:  Dr Richard Nowotny
             Melbourne, Australia