birding-aus

Re: breeding Sunbirds, constant failures

To: Kirrama Wildlife Tours <>
Subject: Re: breeding Sunbirds, constant failures
From: Richard Jordan <>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:28:40 +1000 (EST)
Klaus,

I think the fact is that some parents are much more successful than others.
I seem to remember papers that showed that only a small percentage of some
species were responsible for the vast majority of offspring. You may just
have to face up to the fact that your pair will never make it. Other parents
will succeed most of the time because of better nest site selection, more
attentive parental care etc. etc.

Best regards,   Richard

At 06:04 PM 25/04/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>It's bugging me now for a while, and maybe someone knows an answer. It's in
>regards to Yellow- bellied Sunbirds.

Richard Jordan
PO Box 4
Jamberoo, NSW 2533, Australia