birding-aus

attachments & viruses

Subject: attachments & viruses
From: Bondi <>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:55:18
Des' comment
'Can we please have ban on attached files on this mailing list - as other
lists do? I have yet to see an appropriate message to a list which could
not be sent as text.'

Strongly agree. This attachment crashed my computer on download several
times. Had to turn off Norton Antivirus Auto-Protect and it took me an hour
to work that out. .xls files and other files with significanr formatting
that cannot survive as text files could be requested, if desired.

mind you, most exciting thing to happen on birding-aus for some time.

cheers
paul
Paul Andrew
Curator