birding-aus

Re: Yellow-faced Honeyeaters Migrating

To: Michael Todd <>
Subject: Re: Yellow-faced Honeyeaters Migrating
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:53:34 +1000
While most of our Yellow-faced Honeyeaters migrate, some are found in the
Canberra region all year long. My guess is that this means that some are
sedentary.

For published references, see McComas Taylor and Canberra Ornithologists
Group, Birds of the Australian Capital Territory: An Atlas, Canberra
Ornithologists Group & National Capital Planning Authority, Canberra, 1992,
and the Canberra Ornithologists Group's Annual Bird Reports (the most
recently published is in Canberra Bird Notes Vol. 22, Supplement, December
1997). Also see HJ Frith, Birds in the Australian High Country, A&R, Sydney,
1984.
David

--

David McDonald