birding-aus

favorites

Subject: favorites
From: Harriette Phelps <>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:52:16 +1100
I must admit I am still in love with the group of birds I first was
impressed by here at Sydney Uni and see often: Australia's black-and-whites:

1.  Magpie-tit, for cheerful attitude, and you can tell the boys from the
girls.

2.  Pied Currawong, their terrific calls and flocking near here in the evening.

3.  Australian Magpie, in spite of its sometimes tough behavior

4.  White-winged Chough, in spite of being told firmly that it wasn't here,
it was, and flocking with the Pied Currawongs

5.  Butcherbird,  every time I see one

and 6.  The Yellow-crested Cockatoo, still blows my mind when I see it
around campus, maybe I was too impressed by old re-runs of Berretta!

Dr. Harriette L. Phelps
Department of Anatomy and Histology
University of Sydney
NSW 2006