birding-aus

Re: Migrating Rainbow Bee-eaters

To: "Birding Aus" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Migrating Rainbow Bee-eaters
From: "Ian Clayton" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 11:43:56 +1000
Hi Paul

I live in Kelso in the 'Country Club' area these are small acreage blocks.

Our block is 1.25 acres. I have left all the native trees and have also
planted about a 0.25 acre of rainforest trees.  In the twelve years we
have been here I have recorded 100 species in or over the block.
Kelso is a great birding area I can tick anywhere between 80 & 100
species within a three to four hour full on birding session.

Most visitors to Nth Qld bypass Townsville for areas to our north, I
can never understand why.

I have a breeding pair of Rufous Owls within minutes from home, they
have bred in the same area for the last four years that I know of.

By the way not a single Bee-eater this evening.