birding-aus

Re: Birds on Television

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re: Birds on Television
From: "Ian Clayton" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 22:06:43 +1000
Trevor
I recall a pommy TV program on twitchers a few years ago, there was one
bloke who did all his birding on TV.   He used a video recorder to record
different programs so he could look at them almost frame by frame in his
own time.
I dont think this is quite ethical for someone who is capable of getting
around, but its a great idea for someone who is incapacitated in some way
eg. old age.   In that case I cant wait to get old and start TV Twitching.

Ian Clayton

> From: Trevor Hampel <>
> Subject: Birds on Television
> Date: Monday, 23 February 1998 19:05
>
> Dear Birders everywhere,
>
> An interesting thought occured to me recently when watching a sporting
> event on television (Yes - I know - being out there birding is probably a
> lot more interesting).
>
> If I'm watching a LIVE telecast of a sporting event (or any newscast)
from