birding-aus

Please some help!!

Subject: Please some help!!
From: Bo-Yeon HWANG <>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 00:37:40 +0900
Dear birder

I am a Ph.D student and my major is bird behavior and ornithology,
expecially acoustic communication of birds in Republic of Korea.

Now, because Korea economy crisis, Almost all research funds were
protected. So, My researches is very difficult.

Therefore, Though I know that I fail to pay your compliments,  I am
making a request assitance to bird lovers.

We intend to sell Korean bird song cassette tape(60min, 18species bird
song, 1996, Lab. of Ornithology, Dept. of Biology, Kyung-Hee University,
US$15) some Korean bird photo slides(about 100species, US$4/copy, If you
need to slide list, Please e-mail me.) for collecting researching funds.

bird song list below;

           Side A                                   Side B

01 = Bush Warbler                       10 = Oriental Cuckoo
  Cettia diphone (316)                    Cuculus saturatus (226)
02 = Crowned Willow Warbler             11 = Ruddy Kingfisher
  Phylloscopus occipitalis (333)          Halcyon coromanda (244)
03 = Yellow-throated Bunting            12 = Daurian Redstart
   Emberiza elegans (365)                  Phoenicurus auroreus (298)
04 = Tricolor Flycatcher                13 = Great Reed Warbler
 Ficedula zanthopyga (336)               Acrocephalus arundinaceus (324)
05 = Japanese White-eye                 14 = Indian Cuckoo
   Zosterops japonicus (355)               Cuculus micropterus (224)
06 = Grey-backed Thrush                 15 = Black-naped Oriole
   Turdus hortulorum (305)                 Oriolus chinensis (395)
07 = Jungle Nightjar                    16 = Common Cuckoo
  Caprimulgus indicus (238)               Cuculus canorus (225)
08 = Little Cuckoo                      17 = Winter Wren
  Cuculus poliocephalus (227)             Troglodytes troglodytes (289)
09 = Pale Thrush                        18 = Siberian Blue Robin
  Turdus pallidus (308)                   Luscinia cyane (295)

If you can help me, I will be very thanks for your assitance.

I will look forward to answering about your assistance.

Best regards,

 Bo-Yeon Hwang
 Lab. of Ornithology,
 Dept. of Biology,