birding-aus

Introduction+FE Wilson+Latham`s Snipe

Subject: Introduction+FE Wilson+Latham`s Snipe
From: louise duncan <>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 00:26:55 +1100
Hi my name is Malcolm Duncan and I live in Mooroopna
(near
Shepparton)Vic. This is my first message. I hope this
is in context for
the mailing list.
Firstly , I have been doing a little research on my
Grandfather Frances
Erasmus Wilson. He was a well known Birdo around
1910-20s.He was an
oologist and quite an authority on the Helmeted
Honeyeater. I would be
interested in finding out more information on his work
in Ornithology.
Does anyone have any information?

I am interested in finding information on Latham`s
Snipe. The Snipe has
been observed near a Swamp bordering my daughters
schoolgrounds.(5km
North  of Mooroopna ) I am in the process of putting in
a submission for
rehabilitation works in the reserve. The reserve has
bushland reserve
status.
Are there any particular works that can be done for the
Snipe?

Thanks Mal Duncan