birding-aus

Big Messages

Subject: Big Messages
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:46:42 +1000 (EST)
Hi All

Sorry we had problems with a HUGE message a few days ago - I've been a bit
busy in the and haven't been on the list much lately.

I THOUGHT that I had set an upper limit for birding-aus messages, but I
was wrong.  However, I will set a 100Kb limit as soon as I can get around
to it.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't waste bandwidth and other peoples'
time/money/resources posting large messages.  Especially ones not directly
connected to birding matters!!

I haven't seen Tony's card, which was well intended but a real nuisance
for a number of people - I usually delete these big messages (I read my
mail on the server rather than downloading it) and I did for this one.
Nobody will object to small messages of goodwill or greeting, etc., but
this can be done in a small paragraph totalling about 2Kb!

Now, back to stuff about birds ....

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Manager